It was announced last month that Marinus Terblanche had decided to leave Adorned In Ash and move on for personal and career options.
Adorned in Ash are proud and honored to announce their new bassist. His previous projects have been of great inspiration to AiA and we are incredibly excited to have him as part of the family. We welcome Colin Deacon (former Golgotha vocalist/bassist) into the fold and wish him many more fruitful and blessed years on and off stage.
A bit about Deacs:
“Deacs’ passion for music has taken him on a journey of thrills and spills from the growling death metal days as vocalist/bassist in “Golgotha”, to the crazy antics of the front man for rock outfit “The Carpet Crawlers”. His passion for performance and love of music has had him connect with many an audience and he is often remembered for hanging from ceilings, screaming through a microphone, climbing on top of high speaker towers and stage trucks, smashing guitars, trashing stages. A musical journey filled with highs and lows, from sleeping on floors and couches, playing to sold out crowds and to empty houses, packing gear to the roof of every car he has ever owned. All in the name and love of Rock n’ Roll.”
1. The System (1991)- (Bass Guitar)
2. Tolerance (1993) – (Bass Guitar)
3. Golgotha (1991 – 1997) – (Lead Vocal & Bass Guitar)
4. The Carpet Crawlers (1998 – 2000) – (Lead Vocal, Guitar, Bass)
5. Belljar (2002 – 2004) – (Bass Guitar)
6. Binary (2005-2006) – (Bass Guitar)
7. Fourteen40 (2006 – 2007) – (Bass Guitar)
8. The Waiting Room (2007) – (Bass Guitar)
9. Soul Guru (2011 – 2012) – (Lead Vocal, Bass Guitar)
10. Midnight Drive (2013) – (Bass Guitar)
11. The Stragglers (2014 – 2016) – (Bass Guitar)
12. Samadhi Sound Studio (2015 – Current) – (Producer, Engineer)
13. Adorned in Ash (2017- Current)- (Bass Guitar)
Adorned In Ash is hailing from Pretoria, South Africa. Their influences include everything from thrash, speed and groove metal bands to more progressive & technical death & black metal.
Adorned In Ash’s debut album “The Dead Walk Among Us” which has been released Feb. 1st. 2014. The album was recorded at Open Track Studios in Pretoria and includes work from all band members since 2010 with Robyn’s vocals updating tracks where needed. Mixing and mastering was done by frontwoman Robyn Ferguson.
Our review of “The Dead Walk Among Us” can be found here.
An interview (April 2015) with the members of Adorned In Ash can be found here.
Jul 1 – The SAMMAs (RUMOURS) South Africa
Aug 5 – ReapHer Ceremony (WOLMER) South Africa
Aug 12 – The MOOSE B-Day Party (SUNDOWNERS) South Africa
Video for ‘Broken Glass Reflection’