Bassists Alliance Project announces the release of “Crush” this Friday, December 15. The album is a genre-busting debut record that showcases the versatility of the bass guitar and the professionals who have honed their craft for years. From prog metal to funk and experimental, the 10 original instrumentals on “Crush” give listeners with varied musical tastes plenty to digest, from rock-steady riffs and intriguing grooves to mind-bending solos and intense showcases of technique.
Founded by fellow Italian bassist and progressive rock composer Alberto Rigoni (solo, Vivaldi Metal Project, Ardityon, The Italians, etc.), the Bassist Alliance Project is co-leaded and co-produced by seven-string bassist Jeff Hughell, best known as the bassist of Six Feet Under, which recently released their critically acclaimed 12th studio album. A veteran player and solo artist with more than 20 years’ experience, Hughell embarked on a brand-new project that incorporates many influences.
Hughell and Rigoni composed most of songs on “Crush” and combine talent on three tracks, including the title track that features bassist Adam Nitti. The album also includes collaborations with 10 other fiercely talented bassists: Michael Manring, Tony Grey, Scott Reeder, Brandino, Steve Di Gorgio, Mark Michell, Ryan Martini, Colin Edwin, Dmitry Lisenko and Leonid Maksimov. The masterful Phil Cage drums on all tracks except the punchy ‘Tapping Wires,’ where Maxim Rubtsov sits in. The album was mixed and mastered by Zack Ohren at Castle Ultimate Studios in Oakland, CA.
The musicians in the Bassists Alliance Project represent different countries, different generations and different influences, but on “Crush” they come together for one impressive musical journey. To listen and download the album, visit bandcamp or you can purchase or stream on iTunes, Amazon, Google, and most other music sources.
1. From where it all began (Michael Manring, Colin Edwin & Alberto Rigoni) 01:54
2. Crush (Alberto Rigoni, Adam Nitti & Jeff Hughell 04:01
3. Evolution Theory (Jeff Hughell & Dmitry Lisenko) 04:17
4. Subsonic derailment (feat. Jeff Hughell, Brandino & Mark Michell) 07:33
5. The Gate (Colin Edwin, Alberto Rigoni & Jeff Hughell) 02:21
6. Extreme density (Jeff Hughell, Ryan Martinie & Steve Di Giorgio) 04:03
7. Echoes through time (Jeff Hughell) 04:24
8. Tapping Wires (Leonid Maksimov & Scott Reader) 02:33
9. Daily Trauma (Alberto Rigoni, Tony Grey & Jeff Hughell) 04:57
10. Floating through canyons (Jeff Hughell & Scott Reeder) 03:59